Friday 26 November 2010

MUSIC MAGAZINE GENRE

The genre my magazine will mainly focus upon is Alternative Rock/Indie. Bands like Paramore, You me at six, My chemical romance, All time low and The all american rejects are alternative rock bands. Alternative Rock consists on sub genres such as grunge, brit pop and indie pop.


These images are the bands Paramore, All time low, You me at six and My chemical romance. As you can see there fashion is quite indie like with there checkered shirts, hats, headbands. Paramore's Hayley Williams has dyed orange hair to makes her stand out. My chemical romance look individul because they all wear the same outfit, so that band stands out. Most the bands have pretty much the same look which is quite vibrant and represents the Alternative/Indie genre.

"You treat me just like another stranger
Well it's nice to meet you sir
I guess i'll go
I best be on my way out" - Paramore - Ignorance


"oh how do i know if i should stay or just go?
the bottom line is that it's this way that i'll never know" You me at six - Stay with me


"Now I've walked this line a thousand times before
It hurts too much to bear
For you, I'd tear out my own heart" All time low - Memories that fade like photographs


"I don't love you, like i did, yesterday" My chemical romance - i don't love you


These are lyrics from three of the bands. As you can see all three parts of the song seem quite meaningful, so not also is the look similar, the music the band makes is aswell.

Magazines like Kerrang, NME and Rocksound are currently published magazines that partly cover the Alternative Rock genre along with other genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment